Thursday, September 25, 2014

Honister Pass, first painting in my new studio by Sarah Morley



This week I have been really busy, moving studios from my tiny, cramped and windowless studio  -  to a new huge studio, still within Vernon Mill, Stockport. It has four  20ft windows and masses of wonderful light! I am blessed! I will be running classes in palette knife painting, taking over the classes ran by the previous incumbent - another knife painter, Alan Knight - and hopefully adding  a few new people as well. So if anyone in the North West of England fancies trying their hand at knife painting please contact me on 07946432818. You will be made very welcome!

Here is this weeks's painting - a large 3ft x 3ft canvas. It's the view of the valley in the Honister Pass, Cumbria. It is painted with knives ( of course!) and I am still trying to decide whether the foreground is finished as I had a few issues with the rock pools in the bed of the stream. Any thoughts gratefully received. This is expected to retail at $700 plus shipping.

www.sarahmorleyfineart.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...