Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"Impromptu Ballerina Rose Bouquet" by Karla Nolan


I studied oil painting with Daniel Edmondson some time ago, a marvelous teacher and fine person.  He paints the most beautiful still life paintings, something I never felt I could even approach with a brush or palette knife.  I was inspired, however, more than I knew, to attempt a more "rugged" or less refined painting recently, with the thought of the pink ballerina rose bush planted in front of our house as the subject matter.  Dan has a more representational approach and I just tend to abstract my realism, as you can see!  (I might add here, he teaches some amazing painting classes via DVDs, you might want to check into these....he's on Facebook with more information....)

"Impromptu Ballerina Rose Bouquet", 14"x11" unframed palette knife oil painting on gessoed panel, $300 includes s/h in continental U.S., click Paypal button at my blogspot (listed below) or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...