Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ballerina in the Big City by Pamela Blaies

16" x 20"
Oil on Canvas

I came across another vintage ballerina photo.  I thought I would share the picture to show how I use inspiration photos.  There are lots of things I loved about the photo, but there were a few things that needed to change to make for a nice painting.  Besides adding tons of color, I decided to change her hair and make the ballerina a little younger to give more of a modern feel.  I also placed her closer to the edge of the canvas, made the windows wider and turned her head slightly.  These things really helped the composition and gave it more of a story with her gazing out at the city.  Ballerinas are fun to paint!

Would you like a free gift of postcards? 
 Click HERE to find out how.



2 comments:

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...