Monday, October 10, 2011

AMERICANA, RURAL MOTEL, TOM BROWN CONTEMPORARY LANDSCAPE





I discovered this little Mom ‘n’ Pop motel on a country back-road. These relics of bygone days are icons of a past era, and I have a special fondness for them.

Whenever I come upon one of these treasures I like to sketch or paint it on the spot if time permits.

This establishment is still in use. It is named “THE MOON & THE STARS MOTEL” and that became the title of my painting. This is a 6x6 inch oil painting on a prepared panel, ready to frame.

I painted this using the palette knife. I enjoy the bold, clean strokes of color possible with this painting tool. And I like the surface texture on the painting itself. Take a closer look at the detail image and you’ll see what I mean.

I’ve put this painting on eBay with a very low starting bid. If you like it, place a bid now before I change my mind. (I can’t raise the starting bid once a bid has been placed.) Click here to bid:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Thanks for looking,
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...