Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Treasure Hunt - Original Abstract in Palette Knife by Nithya Swaminathan

My style has always been realism/loose realism but I had this sudden urge to try an abstract and this was the result. This painting is a departure from my usual style, and the first one that I painted with no reference at all. It was fun starting with something in mind and adapting as it progressed, because it was evolving to something else. I loved that factor of suspense that the abstract brought in.

Treasure Hunt
Acrylics on Gallery Wrapped Canvas, 16 by 20 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan 2010
$300.00 + $50.00 shipping worldwide.



Read more about this painting in my blog, where I had written in detail about my thought process during the creation of this one. 

Nithya Swaminathan is an artist living in Germany, please visit her blog A Splash of Color for more paintings. Please take a look at her fan page in Facebook - Fine Art by Nithya Swaminathan on Facebook, where all new paintings are updated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...