Wednesday, October 21, 2015

SOLD by Kim McAninch

STORIES/04
18" x 18" on 1.75" cradled panel
SOLD to a Collector in Oklahoma City  OK

I LOVE painting people. 
To see my favorite painting in the STORIES Series, click here.

I started this series because I asked for criticism from a gallery owner here in Pittsburgh.   She told me I need to dig deeper.  I said, " I am not that deep."  She said, " You are a woman in the world...surely you have something to say."
Well, I decided that my work is not to  comment on social or cultural reality.  So, this series  allows the viewer to add their own story, based on their  personal reference.  That is something that I feel comfortable providing.  STORIES/04 was my first pensive portrait.  Since it sold, maybe I will do another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...