Tuesday, July 14, 2015

"Pink Ballet Shoes - Detail" by Lynda Cookson

My creative life began with dancing ... not ballet dancing, but ballroom dancing. Coming from an extremely conservative and chauvinistic beginning, although not allowed to take art lessons or ballet lessons, we were allowed to take piano lessons and learn ballroom dancing. From that I developed a great love of grace in movement.  Quite likely, because my experience of music, exquisite feeling and creative expression was so limited in my formative years, it became more precious to me than if it had come more freely. So now, two of my great passions in life (apart from painting!) are dance shoes and musical instruments - especially the piano.


"Pink Ballet Shoes - Detail" by Lynda Cookson

"Pink Ballet Shoes" by Lynda Cookson

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...