Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Le Petite Peonies and Sacred Art Spaces - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina



Le Petite Peonies
by Nancy Medina
20X16
Oil on Archival Panel

.

My new hydrangea video!

- See more at: http://www.nancymedinaart.com/2014/06/petal-rain-sunflowers-and-spring-texas.html#sthash.OdpU7OzY.dpuf.

My new hydrangea video!

- See more at: http://www.nancymedinaart.com/2014/06/petal-rain-sunflowers-and-spring-texas.html#sthash.OdpU7OzY.dpuf
Le Petite Peonies was one of six class demonstrations in my Spring, Texas, workshop last week, held in the heart of Old Town Spring, a charming little historic town with tons of shops and restaurants. We were in the Davis & Company Gallery, and every few hours got to hear the train whistle, something right out of my earliest childhood memories. Do you ever travel somewhere, and it feels so familiar, though you've never been there before? It's like you get this instant feeling of ease, and everything you see resonates deeply in a comforting way.

I received a note from a dear friend who is battling cancer a few days ago, and her words are with me. She said: Your gift has given you a beautiful life. Enjoy the time that you have. I always try to share with my students to take a space, make it sacred, and hold this as their place to paint. Honoring yourself as an artist is so important, and yet we artists are always so busy focusing on our shortcomings, we rarely remember how special it is to have this calling. I think one of the most amazing things about my life, is my art lets me meet an amazing, wonderful group of like minded people throughout the world. What a lucky gal I am!


http://nancymedina.com

The studio models take a bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...