Monday, September 19, 2011

High Sierra Rock Mountains

                                           Vogelsang Peak    16 x 20"  Plein air oil painting

Hello -- I'm a new artist on Palette Knife Painters and am showing a recent painting of Vogelsang Peak in Yosemite National Park here on my first post.  I did this painting this summer and it is part brushwork but mostly palette knife work.  The snowfields are here all year long at 10,000 ft. elevation.  I really love the way oil paint has a rich and thick impasto quality when it is scooped up with a knife and laid down on a painting surface.  And I love painting rocks this way . . . and we have plenty of rocks in Yosemite!  I paint full time outdoors and also in my studio in Mariposa, California.  It is great to be a part of this group!  I welcome all comments -- thanks.                    
                                                                 Penny Otwell

See more of my work at www.pennyotwell.com

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the site Penny - your mountain paintings are stunning - looking forward to seein more of them.

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...