Friday, July 12, 2019

Living in Mystery

LIVING IN MYSTERY
by Marion Hedger
Acrylic and mixed media on canvas
Finished with varnish and 
a layer of wax to give a nice sheen that addes additional depth.
80x80cm x4 cm deep

"The contrasting shapes and differences between the solid and ethereal areas can be used as an analogy of the differences in rock and sky or how life works, sometimes very sure and other times more uncertain perhaps when we are trying new things."

Contrasting paint treatement

This painting uses both flat areas of paint and soft scumbled areas to give an interesting contrast.

I used to be a fan of scumbling when I first started using acrylics many years ago, but haven't done any for while. I used to attack the canvas with vigour using a bristle brush barely containing any paint. It'd take a while to get the right effect using one colour on top of another, but I was often away in the 'zone' and wore down many a paint brush. The beautiful soft effect and colours achieved was worth the time. I couldn't quite get back to the zen part with this painting but I like the ethereal effect which contrasts nicely with the more opaque and trasparent paint areas.

PS
 I still have some of those paint brushes laying about - what can I say, I'm a hoarder.

CONNECT WITH ME
Keep up with my latest paintings and works in progress
on Instagram @artbymarion

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...