Monday, June 27, 2016

Ulm Pushkin, Montana landscape painting by Marion Hedger

Ulm Pushkin Mesa, Montana
by Marion Hedger
24x30cm Oil on MDF canvas panel
Contact me if you would like to commission your own unique landscape painting


This was a commission painting for someone who wanted a present for her husband. She sent me a few photos of Ulm pushkin and with those and some images I found on the net, I forged ahead. The difficulty was making the middle ground interesting and giving it a sense of distance.

While searching for photos I discovered this was in the First Peoples Buffalo Jump State Park and the mesa was used to send buffalo over the edge to kill them. 

I sent her a photo of the work in progress to ensure I was heading in the right direction. I don't normally do this as my paintings don't usually make sense until finished and the colours change back and forth quite a bit during the process, but I needed to now if I was achieving what she wanted. She came back and asked for the mesa to be larger and there to be less orange in the middle ground.

Work in progress


I toned down the orange and increased the size of the mesa. I left it for a couple of days but wasn't satisfied with the overall looked. So I added more darks and gave it more of an early evening/late afternoon feel.



CONNECT WITH ME:

1 comment:

  1. Hi people,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to learn more the Best Knife Sets I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...