Wednesday, November 20, 2013

New Plein Air Painting from the Dallas Arboretum by Niki Gulley

“Water Wall," Dallas Arboretum ©2013 Niki Gulley
9" x 12" Plein Air Oil Painting

I painted this oil of the "Water Wall" at the Dallas Arboretum a couple of weeks ago as part of my demonstration during my plein-air painting workshop. I loved the golden light hitting the stucco and the interesting shadows that were created from the trellis above. Working with a combination of brush and palette knife, the final painting is full of color and texture.

If you'd like to join me for one of our Plein Air Painting / Photography Art Trek Workshops in Europe, please let me know and I can send you a brochure. Upcoming trips include Carnival in Venice, Paris, Provence during lavender season, Tuscany and Cinque Terre/ Lake Como, Italy. For more details, visit nikigulley.com/artreks.

To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, please visit nikigulley.com.

For more information on my plein air paintings and workshops, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...