Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"slight chop on inland waters" - a palette knife painting by Dottie T Leatherwood

slight chop on inland waters
11" x 14" oil on canvas
©2011 DottieLeatherwood
-----------------------------------
Growing up, I heard this phrase "slight chop on inland waters" at the end of every weather forecast on the radio. I'm not sure I even knew what it meant for a very long time. Funny what you remember. When I was a small child and and heard another city's forecast on the radio, I was stunned when it didn't include that line. It never occurred to me that it only applied to the coast. This shrimpboat is heading out to sea with early morning fog and a slight chop on inland waters
------------------------------------

To see more of my work please check out my website:
www.dottietleatherwood.com
or sign up to receive my daily painting blog:
http://dottietleatherwood.blogspot.com

----------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...