Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Iris Garden by Roxanne Steed

8"x10" oil on gallery wrapped stretched canvas with edges painted
For more information or to purchase, click here.
Ahh, can you tell, I'm dreaming of spring? And tomorrow we have another snow storm on its way in here. Fickle weather! I was out walking this morning, and it definitely felt like spring. I was sure that snow was over for good. Oh well, I've been mixing in some older brush and layering techniques along with some of the things I've learned over the last several years working with just a palette knife. I think it's good to continually tweak what we do as artists. 
I used to collect and trade iris with friends and neighbors each time we would move (which was about every three years with the Navy). During one Navy move we finally had to leave them where they grew. But during that time while I was trading & growing, it was always fun to trade for a new color, and my iris garden began to look a bit like this! Now I haven't grown iris in many years, and I find I do miss them. Perhaps it's something I might find a spot for in this garden I'm tending now!
 
Please visit my website www.roxannesteed.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...