Thursday, March 14, 2013

Crescent Moon Red Poppy by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Crescent Moon Red Poppy
by Nancy Medina
8X10
Oil on Archival Panel


Crescent Moon Red Poppy is a new small work on the easel, poppies have been calling to me for over a week now so I had to give this little one some easel time. Tonight there is a perfect crescent moon, tilted just like a smile. Just like the smile I've had all day, my first day as a full-time artist. Yesterday I said goodbye to my office, my office chair, my coworkers, the parking lot, all the regular pieces of my day for the past 12 years as an editorial director. It is a bit scary, having total control of your own destiny. So far I can report with confidence, it feels wonderful!

  
Crescent Moon on the flight deck

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...