Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Purple Iris and Goodbye Corporate America by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Purple Iris and White Hydrangeas
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel


I brought a few of my water drenched purple iris in from the chill this evening and put them under the spotlight. It took about 30 minutes for them to give up the iris ghost, but their beautiful purples hung in there just long enough for me to mix a shade of fuschia I could live with. I'm washing the brushes, putting my paints away, and mentally preparing for tomorrow, the last day of my life in corporate America. Two weeks ago, I gave my notice for my six-figure day job as a magazine director. Tomorrow I will turn in my office key, carry my cardboard box of plaques and pictures out of the office, and fulfill my dream of becoming a full time artist and art teacher. Thanks to everyone who has sent words of encouragement and courage and their own stories of making the same decision - and thriving! I am needing courage right now! I'm hopeful that my art will continue to grow, and excited about what comes next in this next chapter. One thing is certain, there is no turning back. It's time to follow some bliss!

 Follow Your Bliss ~ Joseph Campbell




Purple Iris on the easel

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...