Monday, March 25, 2013

Painting Hydrangeas and Touring Dallas Blooms by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Little Pinky Hydrangea
by Nancy Medina
8X10
Oil on Archival Panel

My Dallas Arboretum students produced flowers in warm colors despite a chilly day in the gardens! The Easter egg hunt was postponed due to a rainstorm in the morning, but the clouds cleared and the sun peeked through just in time for our lunchtime break to see the gardens.Visit my art blog and join me for a photo tour of Dallas Arboretum Blooms Fest!

My students painted pink hydrangeas and yellow sunflowers and the big bright classroom was all warmed up for us when we arrived, with a box of double glazed donuts and a pot of hot coffee. The Dallas Arboretum is one of my favorite places to teach in the whole world. I am happy to report not a single delectable donut went to waste and there were many smiles as the ladies packed up their easels at the end of the day, taking home at least two new paintings each! Pretty good for a one-day class. I just had two seats open in my April 3-day class at the Jaycee Parks Center for the Arts, so don't delay, put a little joy in your brush and let's make flowers happen this spring!

Click here for the latest class information




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...