Saturday, March 16, 2013

Autumn Light, Provence Vineyard oil painting by Marion Hedger

Autumn Light, Provence Vineyard
Palette knife painting
18 x 24 cm (approx. 7"x10")
Oil on textured pink ground on canvas panel.
This Painting is now SOLD
Last autumn we took a trip to the vineyards in the Var. Beautiful scenery, with the autumn colours of the vines set off by the background of the mountains.
I took several photos, of course and I have painted some small landscapes and have several ideas for some more.

This is painted on canvas panel which I treated with thick gesso giving it a thick textured surface. I then painted a ground of pink and let this show through to add life and sparkle. Using a palette knife gives it a heavy impasto look.

Tomorrow I will post another of the vineyard paintings.

Contact me about this or any other painting HERE
Take a look at my paintings on my website 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...