Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Autumn Explosion oil painting by Marion Hedger

Autumn Explosion by Marion Hedger
Oil on canvas panel
Heavily textured palette knife painting
18x24 cm (approx 7"x10")
Featured in the January Selection on PaintersOnline 

Available in my Etsy Shop HERE
When painting forest scenes, I usually like to show some sort of path to encourage the viewer to 'walk' through the painting, as can be seen HERE in this larger painting. With Autumn Explosion, I wanted to show the 'denseness' of the foliage and the way that the colour can confuse the senses.
Here is a close up of the impasto knife work
Contact me about this or any other painting HERE
Take a look at my paintings on my website 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...