Thursday, March 7, 2013

Early Garden Purple Iris by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Early Garden Purple Iris
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel




Early Garden Purple Iris is based on a scene from my garden today where my purple irises are already blooming! Texas has such fickle weather, we had 35 degrees one day, and 80 degrees the next, and I suppose these purple blossoms got kicked into gear - I'm sure MUCH too early for the real iris experts taste. These bulbs originated from Argyle Acres Iris Garden, and are tiny flowers, very dark purple, and come from a vintage line of award winning irises. I love a flower with a pedigree, don't you? My flowers and my pugs both come from champion lineage, while the artist is from much humbler stock....

The days are counting down until my last day at the corporate office next Wednesday - the last day of my magazine editor day job! I would be fibbing if I didn't admit I have moments of sheer panic, wondering how I am going to pay the electric bill in August, and how we will pay taxes and car registrations and those little zingers that come every once in a while that are harder to plan for. But then I take a deep breath and tell myself, it will all work out. Where there is a will, there is a way. And I have never wanted anything more than to be an artist and an art teacher. Nothing makes me happier! Well, and donuts. And maybe chocolate...!



Early Garden Purple Iris on the easel

1 comment:

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...