Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rural Barn Scene by BECKY JOY


This 6x6 oil on board is Farm Field. The painting is for sale on my website at www.beckyjoy.com. To purchase for $110. click here. With the purchase of this painting, you will receive a small black wrought iron display easel. The painting is finished on the edges of the board and varnished. With the easel you have the choice of framing it or displaying it on the easel.


I used both the palette knife and the brush on this painting. You can see more texture as you move into the foreground. This gives the painting more space and depth which I think is especially important in a scene like this with the distant trees and mountains.

Even though it is Sunday, I got a lot of painting done today. I started the day with a good game of bowling and a good day of painting. It was one of those days that things were coming together. Last week I felt pretty inept at painting. Oh well, sometimes it isn't easy.

I should have a productive day of painting tomorrow. No plans other than painting. :)!!!!

BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
Prints
Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...