Saturday, August 21, 2010

marsh grasses & pond oil painting by BECKY JOY

This 8x10 painting is on my website. For more information go click here.


Yesterday I reworked one of my plein air pieces. I decided to punch it up a bit and add more colors. I liked all the colors in the algae and pond scum. There was kind of a violet red to part of it. It was a fun piece to paint. You can see where I used the palette knife on the thicker paint. It really added a lot of texture and the contrast with the still water really makes that look smooth.

I have a workshop I will be teaching in about a week in Oregon. I'll post some picks from the class. I have been spending some time preparing for the workshop lately.

Everyone have a great weekend. Talk to you later.

BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
Prints
Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...