Monday, August 16, 2010

Boston Near the Finish Line, palette knife painting by Ann Gorbett


Boston Near the Finish Line
Oil with a palette knife on artist board
12" x 12"

The finish line of the Boston Marathon that is. I've been taking some photos during my lunch hour and have discovered some interesting views of the city that are going to inspire some future paintings. I began this painting in class on Thursday and finished it up today. I think I'm getting obsessed with painting windows. The order and structure appeal to me in a weird way, even though with the palette knife, it's really not that all that straight and orderly. You may remember that I did this sketch for this painting a few weeks ago. It helps me compose the painting, study the photo, and do some editing ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...