Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monday Sun & Shadows, Plein Air in the Artist's Garden by Roxanne Steed



10"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on museum quality board

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
- Eleanor Roosevelt


It's so good to be back home. As I mentioned in my last blog post, I've been away at a workshop with Camille Przewodek over the last week, down in Easton, MD. I plan on writing a summary of the week for fellow artists that are interested in her work...and explain our link to Monet! Look for that in the next day or so. I'm still playing catch up here at home, trying to make time for both the painting AND the blogging!

When I set up Monday to paint here in my front garden, I thought back to the previous paintings I did there last year. My peegee hydrangea has gotten thicker, but a bad wind storm the other week really was destructive to this poor thing. It broke a couple branches, and the remainder of them seem to sag a bit under the weight of the flowers. The basil I planted is hiding some of the phlox, and is the size of a small shrub! The big blue pot with the purply,reddish grasses is doing well, but I preferred the plantings I had in it last summer. Sooooo- in gearing up for next years flowers (and paintings), I can see I need to start moving some plants, open up some space for other plants (more lavender, too, I've found a great location where it thrives!).

Monday Sun & Shadows, Plein Air in the Artist's Garden

About This Painting:
Catching the front garden in partial sun & shadow, glad to be back home!

Media: oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard
Size: 8 in X 10 in (20.3 cm X 25.4 cm)

How to Purchase:
send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...