Friday, August 13, 2010

New Bluebonnet oil painting by Niki Gulley


“Rhapsody in Blue” ©2010 Niki Gulley
Oil on canvas • 30” x 40”

When I was a teenager my great aunts and grandmother moved to Texas and we would come down to visit them when we got the chance. I remember the first time I saw a massive field of bluebonnets and I was awestruck by the expanse of color and amazed that such tiny flowers when in mass could actually look like a large lake from a distance. I wanted to relive those family memories and recreate the exciting explosion of azure and crimson in Rhapsody in Blue, taking this cool weathered farm house in Marble Falls and painting it engulfed in one of our best bluebonnet and Indian Paintbrush displays.

Rhapsody in Blue has been chosen as the signature painting for my upcoming exhibition at the Frisco Municipal Complex, in honor of winning Best in Show at Frisco’s Arts in the Square. Located at 6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, TX 75034, I will be exhibiting 20 of my newest oil paintings for the month of September. Here is my interview in Frisco Style Magazine about the upcoming show and some background on myself and my paintings, friscostyle.com/index.php/component/content/article/43/189-august-2010-issue. I hope if you’re near Frisco, you can stop in and see the exhibit!

E-mail me at Niki@NikiGulley.com for more information

Or, visit my website at NikiGulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...