Thursday, December 15, 2011

On Kay Wyne's easel today....

This floral arrangement is absolutely gorgeous, even after a week has passed since Wes gave these to Lindsay. (Great choice of a sweet "just because" gift to your wife, Wes!) I spotted them on their coffee table, and could not resist.....I borrowed them for a couple of days. This photo isn't very good, which is the reason why it is beneficial to paint from a still life. What you see in life isn't the same as what you see in a photograph. It's better.
I was in the mood to paint BIG....this canvas is 36" x 36"... a great size. I toned the canvas with a transparent orange just so that I wouldn't start out with a stark white background. Then I sketched in the shapes with charcoal.
I am not sure what I am doing with the background, but I need to get it in because I am going to use the palette knife on this canvas....all the way.
Here is a close-up of the vase. As you can see, I started putting the color on with the palette knife, and the texture is building up. I can't wait to get to the studio and work on this one today...I hope to post an update on this tomorrow. Thanks for looking at my art, and have a great day. Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...