Monday, December 5, 2011

"Deep in the Woods" - Textured aspen painting by Niki Gulley


“Deep in the Woods” ©2010 Niki Gulley
oil on canvas • 36" x 36"

I am absolutely crazy about aspen trees. I love their textured peeling bark, the sound of their tinkling leaves blowing in the breeze, the way the light illuminates their yellow leaves and makes them glow, and the repetition of the trunks packed so tightly together. The first time I saw them was on a trip with my family to Colorado and I fell in love with the beautiful scenery and peacefulness I found immersed in the forest and surrounded by mountains. I wanted to share my love of nature in “Deep in the Woods” so that you, too, could enjoy that calm and the beauty of the aspens.

Visit my website at NikiGulley.com to see more of my aspen and birch tree oil paintings.

E-mail Niki@NikiGulley.com for more information on my contemporary landscape paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...