Friday, December 2, 2011

nightscape oil painting by BECKY JOY


Neighborhood Nocturne 5x7 oil on canvas panel. Click here to bid starting at $95.
Hi everyone,
I've been remiss on not posting any new small works. I've had a lot of business things to take care of, packing and shipping paintings, phone calls, show apps, etc, etc.  This is a nocturne from my driveway looking down the street. I don't like going out by myself at night to paint unless I'm in a crowded well lit area, so the next best thing is to go stand at the end of my driveway. It works, but there isn't a lot of traffic or change of scenery, but it's good practice anyway.
Yesterday Christine Debrosky and I went out to find cotton fields and to do some plein air painting for our 5 c's project for the Arizona Centennial. It's harvest time right now in the cotton fields. I didn't come away with a finished painting yesterday that I really wanted to keep, but I did get a lot of reference material. Check out the project on our block, 5 c's Painting Project, Arizona Centennial.
Becky Joy
http://artworkshopsonline.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...