Monday, December 5, 2011

"November at Slide Rock", plein air painting, by Kathryn Willis

November at Slide Rock, 12x16" oil on panel, Kathryn Willis

Slide Rock Park in Oak Creek Canyon (north of Sedona, AZ) is one of my favorite places to paint. Much of the year it is overrun with tourists, but since I just live up the mountain about 20 miles, I can pick the best days to go, and be there in 30 minutes. This painting was done on a particularly beautiful fall day a couple of weeks ago. Golden autumn colors, rugged red rocks, a clear canyon creek, deep purple shadows on a warm November morning--what more could a painter ask for?

Painting Available for Purchase

Sign up for my free monthly newsletter here.

For information about this painting and to view my work:

My website site: http://www.kathrynwillisart.com
My blog: http://www.kathrynwillisart.com/blog
email: kathy@kathrynwillisart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...