Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Basketful of Blooms by Pamela Blaies

Blue Hydrangeas in a Basket
11" x 14"
Oil on Canvas

Blue hydrangea are my absolute favorite of all flowers. I cut a few from my garden to have some fresh flowers in the kitchen and carried them into the house in this basket. When I set them down on the table to find a vase, I noticed how great they looked in the basket and decided I had to paint them. I added a gold colored napkin and painted the light filtering in through the window. The colors and light - and of course my favorite flowers - in this painting make me smile each time I look at it.

I love to share stories and inspiration behind my paintings. Sign up to become a VIP Member and you will receive my email newsletter twice a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...