Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An Evening to Remember by Pamela Blaies

Garden Party to Remember
11" x 14"
Oil on Canvas

I remember when my husband built a pergola for me over the back porch of our first house together. He thought I was crazy when I suggested we attach christmas lights to it (it was nowhere near Christmas time,) but he indulged me and we wrapped hundreds of the tiny christmas lights carefully around each of the slats overhead . That evening, we turned them on, and the warm, twinkly glow transformed our porch into a dreamy place. Candles and string lights add magic to an evening. I used very warm colors to bring an exaggerated contrast to the cool evening colors in the garden to add some sparkle to this table prepared for an evening to remember.

I love to share stories and inspiration behind my paintings. Sign up to become a VIP Member and you will receive my email newsletter twice a month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...