Monday, August 8, 2011

Enjoying the Outside....Inside by Pamela Blaies

Windowbox at a Brick Cottage
14" x 11"
Oil on Canvas

We are soon to hit a record here in the Dallas area of days in a row with over 100 degrees. If I have to go outside, I try to make it only a few minutes, it is just so hot! I miss spending time outside. Windowboxes let you enjoy a garden up close without having to brave the heat. This windowbox painting is full of fun texture and lively color. The bright red geraniums first grab the attention and then lead the eyes to explore the colors and texture of the wall. It makes me want to reach out and feel along the rough bricks.

I love to share stories and inspiration behind my paintings. Sign up to become a VIP Member and you will receive my email newsletter twice a month.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...