Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bend in the River, by Kathryn Willlis

Bend in the River, 12x16" oil on panel


It's almost a week since we got home from Idaho, and I'm just getting this painting finished. I started this painting from our campsite on the Salmon River in southern Idaho. It doesn't get much better than this. I have a photo of Steve floating by in our inflatable kayak, and thought about sticking him in the painting... maybe that will be a different version.

After a busy Open Studios weekend, I'm finally settling back into the routines of life at home. It's been hot all week, but finally tonight we're getting a hint of fall in the air. I love these subtle seasonal transitions.

Painting Available for Purchase

Sign up for my free monthly newsletter here.

For information about this painting and to view my work:

My website site: http://www.kathrynwillisart.com
My blog: http://www.kathrynwillisart.com/blog
email: kathy@kathrynwillisart.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...