Saturday, August 13, 2011

COLORFUL WATERFALL, PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN





I posted a large waterfall painting the other day, which was done in the studio.

Today I decided to go out and paint this one on location, working directly from life. These falls are just a short drive from my home, and they were a delight to paint.

The sunlight and shadow across the pool caught my attention and I wanted to capture that effect. The photo taken on location doesn’t do justice to the actual color evident to the eye.

That’s one of the bonuses of plein air painting; it’s easier to capture the true effects of color and light. Photos always “dumb-down” the wonderful color that is discernable to the naked eye.

I call this painting “FALLING WATER”. It’s a 6x6 inch original plein air oil painting. Email me for purchasing details if you would like this one to own this one:
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Today’s painting will not be offered on eBay but I hope you will also visit my eBay Auctions here:
http://shop.ebay.com/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...