Thursday, June 10, 2010

Purple Coneflowers - Original Palette Knife painting by Nithya Swaminathan

I love coneflowers and find that they are just great for painting with the knife. The structure of the coneflower lends itself beautifully for abstract rendering with the knife and the textures turn out great. It's a pity I did not do more of these lovely little flowers, and I intend to. Let me know what you think of this one :)

Purple Coneflowers
Palette Knife on board, 5 by 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan 2010


My other links:

  • Blog - A Splash of Color
  • Website - Fine Art by Nithya Swaminathan
  • Facebook page - Fine Art by Nithya Swaminathan on Facebook


2 comments:

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...