Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hillside Farm Fields by BECKY JOY


To bid on this 6x6 click here

This painting is on EBay with a bid starting at $75.
The layers of hills and fields in this painting naturally give it depth. The colors are richer and warmer as it moves forward in space. A difference in this painting is that I used the palette knife more in the background than the foreground. You can see the thick directional brushstrokes going down the hill side. I loaded the paint on my brush and put in some confident, direct strokes. In the background I carefully layered color with my palette knife. I used some violets and alizarine in the green to cool it and gray the color so that it would recede. The eye goes toward the grouping of trees on the hillside since they are surrounded by light values and the strong color of the golden hillside.

I didn't get a lot of painting done today, errands to take care of. I will continue with my painting and photographing the progression of it tomorrow.

Remember to sign up for my newsletter to be in the drawing for a FREE painting. If you already subscribe, send this onto a friend. If they subscribe, you will both be in the drawing.


Check out all five paintings I have on EBay right now. Its been a great way to get a bargain with the bids starting at $75.


BECKY JOY

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...