Friday, June 18, 2010

Mood off - Original Palette Knife painting by Nithya Swaminathan

This is a painting of a little poppy in a nearby meadow. Backside of a little poppy to be precise. I loved painting this one. I have titled it thus as it reminds me of my child, when she turns away from us when she is angry. These days, my little one speaks pretty good German and fights with us in German too. If we say or do something that she doesn't like, she goes away saying "Ich bin niemehr deine Freundin", which means "I am no more your friend!" That is exactly what was in my mind as I painted this. As though the little flower was asking me to give a break to clicking and just get away :-) However, whether the flowers like it or not, I ain't giving up clicking so soon, do not worry.
Mood off
Acrylics on board, 5 by 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan, 2010

Only the flower has been rendered with the knife, and the background is done with the brush. Though I aim to have a semi abstract look with all my textured florals, I like it to border realism. That's why I have kept the background as realistic as I could, by using the brush. This also makes sure that the foliage does not compete for attention with the flower, but is strong enough to get the attention it warrants.

This is the first of a series of poppies, there are many more to come :-) Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...