Friday, June 18, 2010

The White House daily oil painting by BECKY JOY

I have posted this painting on my website for sale for $100 which includes shipping.


I am continuing my series of houses and buildings. I didn't intend to keep painting them, but I am really enjoying myself. I liked the roofline of the two parts to this house and the shadow colors which varied from warm to cool. I pushed the orange trim. It was a little darker in reality, but to get the sense of light I used cad orange with titanium. The garbage can I thought was a nice little detail. I like those kinds of things that aren't "pretty", but add a human touch. All the whites in the painting actually have color in them so that they each vary from the other. The driveway and road were dirt.

The one thing I realize now that I forgot was the little vent on the roof. I wanted to add that to break up the space. I'm not at the studio now, so I think I will add that tomorrow or the next day. I know I will be painting on Sunday, but maybe not tomorrow. Should I continue with the houses? What do you think?

Talk to you all later,
BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com/
http://www.beckyjoy.com/
Fine Art Prints
EBay
Daily Paintings

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying seeing your building series progress. Wonderful color and atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...