Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Swan Oil Painting, Daily Painting, "Swan Reflections" by Carol Schiff, 16x20x.75 Oil

On most mornings, I take a walk around the neighborhood.  Everyday, I would pass this beautiful creature and his mate, gliding across the water of a small pond.  When I saw the photograph I was able to take, I knew I would want to paint it.
Purchase here
650. + shipping
 I painted with brush and palette knife and was able to obtain a nicely textured surface to indicate the water.
The background, which was difficult to photograph correctly, is a mixture of a rich brown and a greenish dark.

detail



I have done several paintings using the reference images I took that day.  One is a 11x14 pastel and one is a 6x8 oil.  I am glad I had my camera that day because the birds are gone now.  I like to think they just flew away.

Thank you for viewing my daily painting today.   I hope you will pin it!

www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...