Saturday, January 7, 2017

Expressionists Abstract Painting, Small Oil Painting, Daily Painting, Cross Composition in Orange, Blue and Purple, 8x8x1.5 Original Oil

This contemporary abstract painting is on a heavily textured stretched canvas. 
I used a cross (one of my favorites) composition and split complementary colors of blue, purple and orange to achieve a nice glow. I painted with a knife to get even more texture and very subtle color changes. 
purchase here
129 + shipping

 This contemporary abstract painting is on a heavily textured stretched canvas.
I used a cross  composition(one of my favorites)  and split complementary colors of blue, purple and orange to achieve a nice glow. I painted with a knife to get even more texture and very subtle color changes. 


                                                                                                                                                                                           

I was always fairly mystified about the process of painting an abstract, but I am finding that it is much like any other artwork.  You must have a composition, a point of interest,  color interaction and contrast.

Thanks for viewing my blog today.

WWW.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...