Saturday, January 21, 2017

Fish Oil Painting, Small Oil Painting, Daily Painting, 8x16x.75" Palette Knife Painting

This painting was inspired by a trip to Key Largo's coral reefs.  It was thrilling watching the brightly colored tropical fish in their natural habitat.

Purchase here

I started with a brush, but soon had a palette knife in my hand.


I also started with a photo, but soon found my own way.  I made the fish plumper, deleted their stripes, just enjoyed the process and the freedom to do what came naturally.

As I worked the paint got thicker and thicker.  It was a fun and relaxing day in the studio.  I came away feeling good!

Enjoy the moment!

Carol Schiff
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...