Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Possibilities and a Start, Day 17 of the 30 day Challenge by Marion Hedger

Possibilities Abstract Painting
by Marion Hedger
Oil on 6x8in box canvas

Day 17 of Jan 2017 30 paintings challenge
Click Here to see Day 15's painting
Today I am cheating a little. This is an abstract I painted a few months ago from paint left on my palette. You can see my favourite colours in this teal, purples and pinks.
I started two abstracts today but could carry neither of them further. I researched modelling paste and how to use it on the internet and then went out to purchase some with a firm idea of what I wanted to try. Well... the paste was way more fluid than I expected it to be, I expected a thick, grittier paste but what I had purchased did not have as much body as my gel medium. I couldn't really sculpt it at all and it took a day to dry, knocking my plans awry. Does anyone have experience with modelling paste? The only modelling paste I could find in our local town was Pebeo in a tube.
This is where I ended yesterday's painting I wanted to try a toned down colour scheme to take me out of my comfort zone:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...