Sunday, September 5, 2010

TOM BROWN CANYON LANDSCAPE



"SHARING THE MOMENT"
5x7 INCH ORIGINAL
OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


Ever notice how an experience is richer when you share it with someone else?
(Like, “This is delicious; taste it.” Or, “Read this; it’s really funny.”)

I guess that’s why I paint. To reach out and connect with someone else; to share my experience of life. It’s one of the reasons anyway.

Every painting is a hunt, a chase. It’s an attempt to capture something unique, something of value. To give solid form to a fuzzy observation or feeling. And share it with someone else. It’s a way to complete an experience.

How can I witness a dramatic setting like this and not share it? That’s what this painting was all about.

I was able to shoot a photo, too. (In the photo you can see a friend who was with me.) But the camera doesn’t always see the world the way I do. So I put my view of it into this painting.

Hope you can relate. If so, enjoy. And have a colorful day.

If you’d like this little treasure for your walls, let me know: tombrownstudio@cox.net

2 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous - you've brought so much life & color to it - and i really like the knife work, too! lovely painting! i always enjoy seeing the 'inspiration' - & what a painter does with that inspiration - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about both sharing the joy of a painting, and how a photo doesn't always reveal the depth of color and personal vision. Beautiful landscape painting! Love it and thanks for "sharing".

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...