Thursday, September 23, 2010

3 daily sky plein air paintings by BECKY JOY

Sky #12 6x6 oil on canvas panel $110. includes 
shipping in US and display easel.  BUY

I went out yesterday as the clouds were blowing into town and painted these two cloudscapes from the backyard. That's one of the expensive houses that looks down onto my neighborhood. They were exciting and fun to paint. Always a rush (literally and figuratively) to paint quickly moving clouds.



Sky #11 6x6 oil on canvas panel $110. includes
shipping in US and display easel.   BUY

This was the first plein air of the day. I ran on errands in the morning as the clouds were starting to come in. I started these at about 3 in the afternoon. By evening there were just a few ribbons of clouds left. They blew in and blew out. I went out last night at probably about 8pm and painted the third scene, a nocturne. There wasn't much going on in the neighborhood as far as lights, but the moon was wonderful. Anyway here is my third plein air sky of the day, Sky #12 of my series.

Sky #12 6x6 oil on canvas panel $110 includes
shipping and display easel.   BUY

I worked on getting some ideas together for a commission. Things are busy right now. Also, two or three other commissions (not sure what sizes yet, but big). I'm also getting ready to leave for San Luis Obispo Plein Air Festival next week. I should get something done for tomorrow, but that may be it for a week. I'll have my computer and will try to post something while the plein air event is going on. I'll take pics at the least.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...