Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Endless Time - Original Abstract Palette Knife Modern Art Red Painting by Texas Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth

Endless Time
30"x40"x1.5"
Acrylic on Canvas

I recently completed this heavily textured painting by applying several coats of gesso and acrylic gels. Before the layers were dry, I scraped and scratched into the surface with a variety of tools. After blending the colors with heavy gloss gel, I applied the paint with palette knives, brushes and sponges. The sculptural quality of the painting invites the viewer to touch the surface of the canvas.


For more information about this painting or other works, please contact me.

Visit my website to see my entire portfolio of original abstract paintings.
 
Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...