Friday, September 24, 2010

Gray Day At The Shoreline



8"x10" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival board

"There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul."
- Victor Hugo


I took some time out to go paint outside today. One of my Twitter artist friends, Jackie White, here in CT invited me to meet up with her over at Harkness Park (my favorite place). It was very overcast most of the day, which is actually quite pretty down by Goshen Cove, looking across the beach. The treeline & tall steeple silhouette is such a nice view. I love how the curve of the beach and grasses lead right in to the steeple view. This one is called, "Gray Day At The Shoreline" and is an 8"x10" on Belgian linen mounted on archival board.

I'm currently working on some commission sketches, another project that looks like it will be a fun painting!

Welcome to my latest new subscribers! I do hope you enjoy the paintings, photos & stories! I always love hearing comments from my readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...