Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Zen Garden oil painting by Niki Gulley

"Zen Garden" ©2010 Niki Gulley
10" x 8" oil painting

Having grown up in Chicago, this painting is inspired by the Japanese Garden at the Chicago Botanic Gardens since I've always loved their grounds ever since I was a little kid. In fact, I painted this piece from a photo I took in high school and have held onto all of these years! I thought it would be fun to paint the scene in thick oil with palette knives. I especially like how the broken color strokes on the water make it look like its surface is shimmering in the sun.

To purchase Zen Garden, e-mail me at Niki@NikiGulley.com.

Or, if you're in the Chicago area, stop by my booth at Evanston's Fountain Square Art Festival June 26th & 27th, chicagoevents.com/event.cfm?eid=123.

1 comment:

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...