Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Rabbit Separator, by Carrie Jacobson


The Rabbit Separator
By Carrie Jacobson
Oil on canvas, 16x20, $400
Want this painting? Send me an email! 

I was painting this scene, standing in the field with my friends George Hayes and Shawn Dell Joyce, when I realized that I didn't know what the red machine was.




Now, usually, I don't bother so much with the names of things. I wasn't going to paint the thing in any detail anyways, but as I painted its planes and surfaces, I couldn't help but ask.

"It's a rabbit separator," Shawn said. "It gets the rabbits safely out of the way before the field is mowed."

Well, it sounded good to me. I mean, I was pretty sure she was kidding, but you know, I liked the idea.

So, this painting is "The Rabbit Separator." Why not? (The thing, by the way, is a hay baler. Or so I'm told).

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...