Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Flower Garden oil palette knife painting by BECKY JOY

To bid on this painting click here.


This 6x6 oil of a hollyhock garden is up for bid on EBay starting at $65. I saw this garden on a highway in Colorado. It was one of those photos from the car as you're driving. (I've got a lot of those) I used the brush and the palette knife both. You can see the brushwork mostly in the background and the darker colors. I've used the palette knife for the flowers, grass and part of the picket fence. Doing so has definately given this painting a 3D quality. The flowers look like they are ready to pick and filled with light.

My painting has been changing lately and the gallery owner at Windrush has noticed some of these paintings on my blog. He emailed me wanting some of my new work. He likes the direction I've been going. I must say, I feel pretty good about it myself. It has been exciting. I can hardly wait to get in the studio in the morning to start a new one. Well, on to more painting today. I need to start working on a few bigger ones.

You can see more of my paintings on EBay that are up for bid, some great deals. I started the prices a little lower and they have been selling one after the other.

Also, remember that I will be having a drawing for a little painting at the end of the month for those that sign up for my newsletter. If you are a subscriber, pass it onto a friend so you can both be in the drawing. Just send me your emails so that I know who you passed it onto. beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com






For Email Marketing you can trust


So off to painting and talk to you tomorrow!

BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com/
http://www.beckyjoy.com/
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
Image Kind store http://beckyjoyartist.imagekind.com/store/

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...