Monday, March 3, 2014

"Island Living" Original Oil Palette Knife Painting by Hallie Kohn Art

After a few weeks of not painting with oils or my palette knife, I decided I needed to see what was happening. I knew it had to be an image that I felt passionately about, so water was a must. And maybe the warmth this photo illuminated appealed to me too since we've had literally weeks of below zero weather this winter. There's a story this painting creates for me--could be an escape into warmth!

12x16 Oil Palette Knife Painting
www.halliekohnart.com

Close-up detail of the thick and creamy ocean layered with blues.
Some of the grand beach houses tucked into the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...